Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters Reply with quote

Hopefully this bill will pass the senate today, this law to get the Anti's off the hunter and shooters back.

The Hunting, Fishing and Recreational Shooting Protection Act: Specifically excludes ammunition and fishing tackle from the Toxic Substances Control Act, preventing unnecessary regulations that could devastate hunting, shooting, conservation funding and the firearm and ammunition industries.

Making Public Lands Public: Requires that the 1.5 percent of annual Land and Water Conservation Fund funding is made available to secure public access to federal public land for hunting, fishing, and other recreational purposes.

Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act: Makes Pittman-Robertson funds available to states for a longer period of time for the creation and maintenance of shooting ranges. The bill encourages federal land agencies to cooperate with state and local authorities to maintain shooting ranges and limits liability for these agencies.

www.govtrack.us/congre...r4089/text

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
SingleShotLover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters Reply with quote

Hopefully they won't bastardize this one. Probably pork-barrel an act to save the three-eyed, yellow belly toe-sucker and consume all available funding.

The biggest problem with a closed mind is that it never seems to come with a closed mouth.

SSL
radar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters Reply with quote

three eyed , yellow bellied toe sucker - sounds like a politician to me...sure he'll save his own arse!!!!

George Orwell
English Mike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters Reply with quote

radar wrote:
three eyed , yellow bellied toe sucker - sounds like a politician to me...sure he'll save his own arse!!!!

I just naturally presumed that's exactly who he meant until I read your post. Very Happy
SingleShotLover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters Reply with quote

I can see where there might be a bit of confusion, but politicians actually fall into the subspecies known as lying, cheating, self-serving, pompous, three-eyed, yellow belly toe-sucker. Easy to make that error.

The biggest problem with a closed mind is that it never seems to come with a closed mouth.

SSL
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters Reply with quote

The only thing that was voted on this bill yesterday was a "cloture" vote to stop Senator Harry Reid from sending the bill back to the committee. I thought Reid was pro-hunt, pro-gun?

thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin.../~bdKRft::

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters Reply with quote

Well doggone it the link above was only temporary, so them politicians decided to take another break until 11/26/2012 and then vote..........maybe.

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: GOP blocks bill that gives hunters more land access? Reply with quote

I saw this story today about the GOP blocking a bill to give hunters more land access. >>
news.msn.com/politics/...and-access

Well, something didn't sound quite right so I tried reading through the bull, I mean bill, and came up with $292.5 Million in spending. The only fund raising I saw was increasing the cost of a duck stamp and "donations". Maybe someone else can sort through it better than I can. www.govtrack.us/congre...s3525/text

As much as Id like to see parts of that bill passed it seems the GOP was just stopping more unfunded spending.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters Reply with quote

A group of us hunters talked to Chuck Grassley when he came to our town for a town-hall meeting and he said the majority is behind this bill but one of the sticking points is transporting the polar bears across the border who were legally shot before they went on the endangered list.

The american humane society sparked an outrage if the bears are allowed to be transported across the border even thou they were shot years ago before they were put on the endangered list!

The bill was put back on the calendar for voting while they hash things out with the bill.

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters Reply with quote

Just read an editorial over at the NYT website and they wrote up a piece about the "sports-mans bill" currently in the senate awaiting a vote. One of the editors at the times wrote this POS and its full of BS regarding the polar bears and lead ban. Weren't the newspapers supposed to be accurate in their reporting?

www.nytimes.com/2012/1...aking.html

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters Reply with quote

As a student of history I am unaware of any time when the media was accurate and honest...

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters Reply with quote

OV1...one thing I learned about journalists a long time ago is they will never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
PaulS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters Reply with quote

Editorials are opinions of the editor - they are rarely "factual" and always carry a slant in one directionor the other. It is usually toward the liberal side of the issues simply because that sells papers. The liberals eat it up and the conservatives can't help buying it so they can rant on it.
The saddest part is that most of the American public (on both sides) forget it is just an opinion and not news reporting.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Some Good News For Hunters, Shooters Reply with quote

Here is an update on the bill, think stalled in the senate. Sad

www.washingtonpost.com...story.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1