Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824024
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimjim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

I searched and didn't find this. Have you folks seen this? Brace yourself!

www.wnd.com/2012/06/co...g-firearm/

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
TRBLSHTR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

Sad I read this story two days ago,I hope the PD there gets sued down to their shorthairs!I quit shopping at cosco years ago because of their stance on concealed carry.Figure if they don't like my guns-then they don't need my money.And I vocalize this everytime someone I know says that they are shopping at cosco.Walmart sucks-like"rainman" said,but I'll spend my money there instead of cosco!

Elvis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

that loss prevention dork forgot the most important loss to prevent
the "loss of life"
the copper was indeed put in a bad situation and was forced to act by the LPOs actions. this is indeed a tragedy.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

That is a terrible train of events. The individual at fault...and who should be held accountable as such...is the Loss Prevention Officer. Had he/she taken the lead from the Store Manager and allowed Scott to finish his shopping and leave, then that would have been the end of the entire affair. But no, the "floor walker" (who obviously has a very inflated idea of their authority) took it upon himself to call the Police and falsely report the incident...over and above their Boss's decision. This is the first one I would be taking legal action against. I would then be looking at the actions of the Police Officer concerned to ascertain whether or not correct procedures were followed. If not, there is the second legal action.

I would also be gathering as many witness statements as possible that say that there was not a second firearm seen at the incident. Sounds very much to me that someone is trying to cover their butt and that a "throw away" may have been utilised by "someone" (wouldn't be the first time this has happened).

The Law Enforcement system in the US seems to be very convoluted. You have the FBI, Federal Marshalls, State Police, Highway Patrol (don't know where they fit in), the Sherriff and his Deputies, Transit Police (in at least some areas), Texas Rangers, and I (I believe) something like "local volunteer" Police as well. Very confusing. Then there are Security Officers (and obviously Loss Prevention Officers) who fancy themselves as having the authority and standing of the Police. Little wonder people are confused when it comes to dealings with the Police.

I remember reading an article some time ago about Police Officers who have been found wanting for many and varying reasons, when employed as a Police Officer, and subsequently fired/removed from a position of authority. These individuals then simply move address and apply to a different Police Dept in another jurisdiction, and are usually snapped up because of their "experience". What doesn't seem to happen is cross checks with other Departments, exposing these people for what they are...more often than not power crazy megalomaniacs.

Nothing will bring Scott back now, but hopefully any morons can be removed from the system, making it a better system in the long run.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

And if the CCW holder hadn't argued with the store clerk this wouldn't have esculated in the first place.

If you are carrying and are told (or asked) to leave...LEAVE!! Just walk away from your shopping cart and let the stupid clerk deal with the full cart.

This should never have happened and the officers should not have let it esculate beyond the point of an arrest for trespassing. And to shoot him IN THE BACK was unbelievable. Mad

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

I'm curious about the age and experience level of the cop too. IMO young cops have been brought up in an anti-gun atmosphere and over react to the sight of a gun. Several years back we called the police to a Civil War reenactment because some property had been stolen overnight. Two responded, a veteran and a young guy. The older guy was calm and professional. The young guy was obviously nervous and kept looking around at the reenactors. He said to the older guy "All these guns make me nervous!" I was standing there and said "Why? Yours is the only one that is really loaded!"

I was going to check out the local Costco, I've never been in one. Guess maybe I'll just pass on it.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
And if the CCW holder hadn't argued with the store clerk this wouldn't have esculated in the first place.

If you are carrying and are told (or asked) to leave...LEAVE!! Just walk away from your shopping cart and let the stupid clerk deal with the full cart.

This should never have happened and the officers should not have let it esculate beyond the point of an arrest for trespassing. And to shoot him IN THE BACK was unbelievable. Mad

The shooting is a tragedy but I agree with bushy. Costco is private property and they can have a no firearm policy when confronted by the store clerk he should have just left

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
slimjim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

Agreed, that is my rule. If my consealment were compromised, I would be polite and calm, and leave immediately.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
PaulS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

In Washington State they cannot ask you to leave a "Public Access Area" because the state backs up your right to carry and if you have a CPP you can even carry it in a school as long as you have business there. You can't carry into a bar, federal buildings, federally controlled areas, or jails where inmates reside or into a courtroom. There are a lot of places that have "Gun Free Zone" signs but it means nothing to anyone carrying a concealed pistol by permit.
State gun laws trump any more severe laws of any town, city or county. The locals can have more relaxed laws but not stricter ones.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
Tremblay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

There was no immedate threat to him or others and you do not shoot unless there is an imediate threat to you or others. I spent 10 years with the federal protection service and 5 years as a LEO he should be hung !!!!!

Never argue with a stupid person ,cause they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Mark Twwain
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

Tremblay wrote:
There was no immedate threat to him or others and you do not shoot unless there is an imediate threat to you or others. I spent 10 years with the federal protection service and 5 years as a LEO he should be hung !!!!!
hear hear Very Happy

TRBLSHTR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

Surprised This might be a game changer-maybe not right now-but it could be coming;Indiana just passed a bill(I think it was a bill)that allows citizens to protect themselves from LEO's that are breaking the law..Now I don't advocate going up against a"pack" of Leo's with a 25 acp or something equally as stupid-but the leo's gotto know that they had darn sure better be within the law when they pull some of this stuff nowadays!So far just Indiana-but the presidence has been set.It pays to be a nice guy-on either side of the street!As for Cosco-I have already said how I deal with them,and I would add;that this did take place on their property,and was advocated by one of their employees,I'm no lawyer but would believe that this would make them "culpable" in a lawsuit! Sad

Tremblay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

And the LEO also, I also think the LEO should be at the top of the list !

Never argue with a stupid person ,cause they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Mark Twwain
radar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

Thats F..ken shocking! As a LEO myself I'm embarrased as hell to see that this kind of incompetent behavior is still accepted as the norm. We shoot ourselves in the foot (sic) every time someone in the LEO community stuffs up. The cover up as it appears is incredible.
I for one would like to see both the cop and the floor walker held accountable.
I agree with Tremblay on the need to shoot.
In NZ its inshrined in law - our Crimes Act gives you 4 different reasons/circumstances to use deadly force and they spell out that you must have a fear of death or GBH and that no other course of action is available. Also enshrined is the fact that if you use excessive force you will be held accountable.....
I'm gobsmacked!

George Orwell
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Police Shoot CHL Holder in Cosco Reply with quote

and there in lies the reason I hold our NZ police in such high regard,
the heavy handed d*#kwackers get sorted out pretty well , pull your head in or p%ss off elsewhere!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 2