Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

The Third Row?
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimjim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: The Third Row? Reply with quote

www.youtube.com/watch_...M&vq=large

This video makes several points. The most relavant comes in the later half and shows how much disrespect Obama has our military servicemen adn thier families.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

Very good, thanks for sharing that. After you see that one check out the videos of Sgt Giunta.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
slimjim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

Pkslinger, I had trouble trying to come up with words to explain the video. My blood boiled for sometime after watching it.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

You know something I noticed long ago, but it may not be 100% true. Republican presidents acknowledge the military person saluting them at the bottom of the aircraft steps. Democrats ignore them for the most part. That alone says a lot to me about their character.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
lesterg3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

As you all can probably conclude I am a little more than upset at our government this didn’t change my level of respect for our politicians, but that is only because there isn’t any.

They are killing the best people our country has in countries for people who don’t care, and don’t know any better. If the people in those countries want change let them do themselves, just like we did 220 some odd years ago.

It kind of makes wonder who the real terrorists are?

Quote::
"Tis our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world." - George Washington

"The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is, in extending our commercial relations to have with them as little political connection as possible. So far as we have already formed engagements let them be fulfilled with perfect good faith. Here let us stop." -- George Washington, farewell address, 1796.

"I have always given it as my decided opinion that no nation has a right to intermeddle in the internal concerns of another; that every one has a right to form and adopt whatever government they liked best to live under themselves; and that if this country could, consistently with its engagements, maintain a strict neutrality and thereby preserve peace, it was bound to do so by motives of policy, interest, and every other consideration. - George Washington, from Letter to James Monroe, August 25,1796.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."--James Madison

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.

NRA Life Member
Vietnam War Vet 68-69
dhc4ever

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

Lester,
Its always interesting reading your views, and I do agree that sticking politicians in front of the troops and family was a poor show. I also agree that a lot of places need to sort out their own problems, but unfortunately are unable to do so, for many reasons. The USA was very lucky in its war of independence, it was a close run race and the British almost won. If that had happened the "Terrorist" Washington and his followers would have been strung up. Circumstance and point of view can change outlooks eh.
What I also find interesting are the quotes from George Washington you've posted above.
The USA has for a long time NOT followed his views as stated above,whether thats a good or bad thing would depend on which side of the many disputes and interventions you were on.
Politics seems to cause more problems than it solves and todays quick fix will come and bite you in the bum sometime in the future.
Cheers mate, keep them comming.

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............

Last edited by dhc4ever on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

My brother in law was on the helicopter flight crew flying VP Gore to and from the Whitehouse. He has some amazing stories about how rude Gore was to the flight crews. Never talk to them, hated to be talked to, ignored them, couldnt wait to get to his seat and put on ear muffs (so he couldnt hear them).

Most servicemen would concider it to be an honor to be on the flight crew flying the President or VP, but during those years they hated being signed up for the task.

I always liked how Bush would salute / shake hands with his crews when they landed.

-DallanC
gelandangan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

I wonder if this is the working of POTUS or the event organizer.

Although yes POTUS could and should have said something to change the order of seating, he is part of the guest of the ceremony.
Some event organizers get their priority wrong and the guy at the top is as clueless.

Then again the current POTUS is an ass who did not honor the position he is in, so it is understandable that he did not realize the meaning of the ceremony.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
TRBLSHTR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

gelandangan wrote:
I wonder if this is the working of POTUS or the event organizer.

Although yes POTUS could and should have said something to change the order of seating, he is part of the guest of the ceremony.
Some event organizers get their priority wrong and the guy at the top is as clueless.

Then again the current POTUS is an ass who did not honor the position he is in, so it is understandable that he did not realize the meaning of the ceremony.
And also................he does not understand or realize the significance or meaning of the reponsibilities of POTUS! Mad

radar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

Its unfortunate that Politicians no matter where or what their back ground loose the connection with the people who put them there in the first place.
It doesn't matter how high up the greasy pole they are, once they become political animals there first priority is themselves.
Mere plebs aren't going to help their self interest so why bother.
It's a sad reflection on democratic society but we do see the buffoonery and affront non democratically elected leaders have....I suggest Mugabe, Amin, Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Hussain, etc etc etc the history of the world is littered with them.
Who would you rather have as your leader then.

George Orwell
TRBLSHTR

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

radar wrote:
Its unfortunate that Politicians no matter where or what their back ground loose the connection with the people who put them there in the first place.

Who would you rather have as your leader then.
Laughing The same way as I'm gonna vote;anybody but obambo(republican that is)!

PaulS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

Keep voting for the sme party....
You get the same results.
Both parties are self-serving, power hungry, folks who don't give a darn about the people or the constitution that they swear to uphold.
I bet that most have never read it in their adult lives - if at all.
If they have then they should be tried for commiting felony lying under oath.

insane, definition:
repeating the same act but expecting a different outcome.
see the voting majority of the United States.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
gelandangan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

PaulS wrote:

insane, definition:
repeating the same act but expecting a different outcome.
see the voting majority of the United States.

Or the rest of the world.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
Elvis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

If you dont get out and vote then dont bitch and moan about polititions has always been my rule, and I have had some great times telling non voters to shut the f*%# up when they try to moan in my ear.

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The Third Row? Reply with quote

I agree Elvis, we have a reloader/shooter in our club who hasn't voted in 25+ years but yet he nags and complains about this and that until another member told him to STFU!! He told the non-voting member that if he ever wanted to talk politics again around the club, he damn well better be a registered and participating voter...

I agree Slim, Obama does not have respect for our military personal as well as our constitution the way he has been assaulting it lately.

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1