Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820723
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Whats this place coming to
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MRFixIT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

The next time you think "the man" is infringing on your right or want to own a gun read this www.vancouversun.com/n...story.html

Just be glad you don't live here to
gelandangan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

Sounds like living is Australia.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
MRFixIT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

I wish I was geland then it wouldn't be -20C outside

Fireman_DJ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

Australia have worse restrictions on "toy" guns like the ones pictured.
If they can be in ANY WAY mistaken for a real firearm (ie, aren't bright colours and clearly made of cheap plastic) then they are replica firearms and require a permit from the chief commissioner to obtain.

A person holding a current firearms license who had ownership of such items before the law was introduced may keep them, but must not sell or give them away unless the recipient holds a permit for the item and they must not acquire more without obtaining a permit.

My old cap gun which I used to train my dog for "gun fire" is a "replica firearm". It can't fire ANYTHING out the barrel, it just LOOKS like a gun.

Oh, I guy bought an umbrella with a rifle stock shaped handle in Aust. Walking through the shopping centre police in bullet proof vests (and not the concealed ones!) confronted him. After some discussion he was told they were illegal. He said that he had just brought it at the novelty shop.

The umbrella was seized from him, then the novelty shop was raided.

For an UMBRELLA!!!
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

Governments are going insane all over... Sad thing is that we let them.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
gelandangan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

I think it is the vote..

The insane minority have louder voice than the sane, and they are not shy to voice them.
Apparently there is no shame in insanity .

The rest of the sheep .. um.. population, are fence sitters that will sway to whatever amuse them most.
And unfortunately, the insane are usually more amusing.

Thus the vote is usually gone to the wrong side.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
English Mike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

Things become much clearer once you understand that "democracy" is a lie dreamed up to pacify the populace.
I could expand on that & how it needs fixed but then I'd be considered a threat by the PTB here & suffer accordingly.
radar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

Im a cop and I used to take a real Glock 19 and Fake Glock 19 to talks with business owners about armed holdups. most if not all could tell the difference very quickly when looking down the business end.

Plastic - no matter how good the likeness is still plastic.....point one at me and I will point the real one back and not hesitate to squeeze the trigger though!

George Orwell
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

...as you should Radar. Even a fake or replica firearm used in the context of threat assumes the role of a real firearm and must be treated as such, because in this day and age, even some of the most innocuous items can be more than they seem.

Cell phone pistol

Knife pistol

Pipe pistol

Zippo pistol...to accompany your pipe

Crucifix pistol...what any good Clergyman would carry

A Police Officer doesn't always get the opportunity to have a good close hard look at a gun when pointed at him...all he sees is GUN !!! and his training kicks in. It is unfortunate that the vast majority of Policeman's work is "reactive" rather than "proactive". Try as they might, it is actions taken by others that governs the actions taken by a Policeman.

(If you want to see some more interesting pistols, drop me an email and I will forward on a PowerPoint Presentation I received with a few more. I wish I could find a way or posting a .pps file)

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
inthedark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

radar wrote:
Im a cop and I used to take a real Glock 19 and Fake Glock 19 to talks with business owners about armed holdups. most if not all could tell the difference very quickly when looking down the business end.

Plastic - no matter how good the likeness is still plastic.....point one at me and I will point the real one back and not hesitate to squeeze the trigger though!

All our police forces here in Canada are trained the same and personally I am going home to my family. I am with you Radar, point a fake gun at me or a knife or anything that presents a real and present danger or preceived by me to be so and I will point my gun at you, attempt to talk you into disarming yourself and if necessary I will kill you. I will not attempt to wound. Sad
The only reason to employ deadly force is " (I)... feared greivious bodily harm and or death."

Interesting enough the above term is commonly used here in the Canadian Criminal Code AND the US Uniform Code of Military Justice, and the British House of Commons national Laws.

War is sweet to those who have no experience of it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach - Pindar 518-438 BC

Be Copy now of Men of Grosser Blood and TEACH THEM HOW TO WAR
lesterg3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

I admit that I am unsure of what types of government you all have, but in the U.S. we are a Republic not a Democracy. The problem is 85% of the citizens are too stupid to understand the difference and another 10% don't care.

Democracies are doomed to fail.

Alexander Hamilton, Federalist Papers: We are a Republican Government, Real liberty is never found in despotism or in the extremes of democracy...it has been observed that a pure democracy if it were practicable would be the most perfect government. Experience has proved that no position is more false than this. The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity.

John Adams: Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.

Thomas Jefferson: A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%.

James Madison: Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their death.

John Quincy Adams: The experience of all former ages had shown that of all human governments, democracy was the most unstable, fluctuating and short-lived.

Thomas Jefferson: The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Benjamin Franklin (maybe): Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

James Madison: Democracy was the right of the people to choose their own tyrant.

John Adams: That the desires of the majority of the people are often for injustice and inhumanity against the minority, is demonstrated by every page of the history of the world.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."--James Madison

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.

NRA Life Member
Vietnam War Vet 68-69
English Mike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

I'm with you 100% on that Lester.

At the same time, I reckon anyone who thinks it's a good idea to point an object that MIGHT be a firearm at a Police officer who has his gun out & pointing at them is pretty much asking to get shot.
BigBlue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

I have no sympathy at all with restrictions on private gun ownership or restrictions on carry. Having lived in The Peoples Republic Of New Jersey, I know what it's like to feel helpless in the face of armed criminals. When politicians no longer feel the need for armed guards, when banks no longer require armored cars and guards to move their cash and when LEOs no longer feel the need to carry a gun to protect themselves, then and only then will I no longer feel the need to carry mine. I have yet to see a gun law that could keep the criminals of this world from having guns.
Don
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

Excellent points lester and BigBlue.

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
MacD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats this place coming to Reply with quote

In some countries such as Canada with a multi-party system it isn't even the majority that rules. We have had governments that only received about a third of the popular vote. In this situation a minority can hold so much sway as to virtually run the country. The purpose of constitutions is to limit what a democratically elected government can do the freedoms of the citizens. Unfortunately the judiciary gets to interpret them and they are appointed by those elected officials. I have often admired the republican system in the USA especially where loose party discipline and a separate presidential executive gave some balance. If you will forgive my outsiders view it appears that things have been polarizing into them versus us in the two party system you have evolved.

On a brighter note I was taken by Chrysler's Superbowl ad with Clint Eastwood. All the right words and concepts for sure.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRtvpMPLQ8o

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1