· Comments: 86

Ruger's Blackhawk
Discussions related to Guns and Firearms
Go to page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

Pumpkinslinger wrote:
Vince, he sounds like a jerk. But how well was he shooting? Wink

Oh, he is more than a jerk mate...he is a chronic mast@#bater, or as we call them...a total wanker !!! Unfortunately he is one of those natural shooters. He could shoot a gnat off'n a bull's butt at 50m with his revolver. Having said that he only really excelled at two different pistol matches that I know of. I know that I have outshot him with rifle in the past. To this day I don't know how he has survived being as how he p1ssed off so many people, and a lot of them Policemen, although he has run foul of the law on at least one occasion that I am aware of, not to mention another "organisation" that shall remain nameless.

keetoowah wrote:
sorry vince but i love my super blackhawk .44 mag ruger carry it everywhere should i remind you in a day or so.??? smiling

Yeah...why not mate....keep me in line and honest. Confused Laughing

Seems I may have stuck my hand in a hornet's nest here. Shocked Maybe I should clarify something. Embarassed

I don't consider there to be anything drastically wrong with the Ruger brand....well certainly no more than any other brand. My first ever pistol was almost a Ruger Security Six, but I ended up buying a S&W Mod 19 K Frame. I also owned a Ruger Mk1 rimfire for a number of years and loved it to pieces...a damn fine fun pistol. The only centrefire single shots I have ever fired are TC and Ruger and they are both good firearms. Sooo...even though I bag Rugers, it is only for the sake of a laugh on most occasions, or to throw out a bait and see what's biting.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
SingleShotLover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

Sorry guys...I have to agree with Dimitri.
"Once bitten, twice shy." I realize that S&W's betrayal is in the past and under different management, but I carry grudges a long while.

The biggest problem with a closed mind is that it never seems to come with a closed mouth.

SSL
Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

I got to admit after reading the news years ago I never really bothered looking into S&W, I just skip over magazine write ups relating to them and their products. Confused

If they are under new management and have done things that are pro-gun/tried to repair the damage the S&W name did giving anti-gunners more ground, since then my apologies to S&W. Smile

Ely,

I don't know much about Truman. Confused

Dimitri

Handloader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

This is not just new management, rather entirely new ownership that has been at the forefront of product development. They listen to their customers and have brought back into production favorite models of yesteryear as well as advancing the art of handguns in metalurgy, precision tolerances and endurance. They have given us the most powerful handguns and the most durable handguns. And S&W is an industry leader in the RTKBA battle. Gotta love 'em.
Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

Handloader,

Glad to hear of this news! Very Happy

Guess I do owe S&W a apology for still thinking they supported the anti-gun crowd.

Dimitri

ElyBoy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

You owe Harry Truman's ghost an apology also D. Very Happy

Don't know much about Harry Truman.
What kind of an American are you any way Dimitri??? Confused Sad

Eric Mad Mad Mad

NRA Life Member
Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

Eric,

I'm not a American, heck the goverment wouldn't even issue me a working visa never mind a green card cause I'm not special enough. Sad

Still after reading alot about the different Presidents a while back I came to the conclusion that Reagan was the best president.

Dimitri

keetoowah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

Yo vinceeeee.. Ruger!

(like bluechker in young frankenstein)

ElyBoy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

You are right in the ten ring about Reagan, D.
I was just joking about being an American.

Boy, this is the worst hijacking of a post as I have ever seen.

Took my Ruger Blackhawk .41Mag to the range today, and shot out the ten ring with my reloads: 20gr of H110 using 200gr JHP bullets.

Eric

NRA Life Member
hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

Dimitri wrote:
Eric,

I'm not special enough. Sad

Dimitri

Yer PLENTY special (fire up the short bus)

Arron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

Ruger's SA'a(just like SAA's) are made to "roll" up with the recoil it makes them more accurate as your body/hand is not taking so much recoil. With the DA's they have that big hump behind the hammer and that in my experience transfers alot more energy into your hand through the web, I could take a lot more "heavy" rounds from my .45 Blackhawk than I could from a co-workers .454 Redhawk. Same loads, in mine they were easier to use.

By the way how is that SR9? I am really thinking about one as it just kind of caught my attention, and I technically could use a better 9x19mm even though I have two all-ready.

I really need to learn how to type(or read) I had to edit twice!!!! AAHHH!
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

Arron, so far I have only put maybe 100 rounds through the SR9 and I like it. Mine does have a sticking point in the trigger pull, maybe a burr someplace? When I get a chance I'll do some trigger tuning. That said I think it points and handles well. Haven't done any real accuracy testing yet, mostly shooting at plates. They have a blackened slide version out now too.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
Handloader

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

Aaron: RE, SR9 trigger.

We were disappointed with the trigger when the first ones arrived at the store. They would often hit 10 to 12lbs on the trigger scale and were either notchy, gritty or both. Bummer. But the SR9 had so many other features that I liked that I bought one of the first four we received and on Christmas afternoon I headed for the desert for some serious breakin and shooting.

The SR9 now has 700+ rounds through it (American Eagle) with no FTF or FTE. Good news -- the trigger pull came down to around the advertised 6.5lbs after about 500 rounds. It is now actually a decent trigger and, for me, requires no further attention. What I find is that I shoot it better with a steady but quick pull. In fact, it outshoots my G17 for accuracy and for me is far more pleasant to shoot. I like the fact that it says "Prescott, AZ" on the slide, too!!
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

Arron wrote:
Ruger's SA'a(just like SAA's) are made to "roll" up with the recoil it makes them more accurate as your body/hand is not taking so much recoil.

From memory, you are totally correct Arron. I have vague recollections of reading something many years ago that said that the only two near perfect grips were the Ruger Bisley and the German Luger...the Bisley because of the angle of the grip ftame and the fact that it "rolled" in your hand under recoil (but didn't affect accuracy), and the Luger because it was at what was considered the perfect angle for the human hand/wrist.

I have fired a number of .44 Magnums in IHMSA competition and must admit...the Ruger was the more comfortable...apart from my beloved TC Contender of course. Most of the guys I spoke to said that the Ruger grip "rolling" in their hand was much less tiring than the Model 29 S&W or Dan Wesson.

Cheers, Vince

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Arron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Ruger's Blackhawk Reply with quote

I should have clarified a bit there on the accuracy part. For the most part I am not a "good" handgunner; I can do it but I am much more useful with a rifle or shotgun. The "roll" seems to me to give less recoil into the hand therefore less muscle fatigue so a more steady hold. Which would follow to give better accuracy. My mistake. Sometimes my best conversations are with myself when I am running 2' shelves at work.
Kind of like when a guy I know who is a farmer one day remarked to me about the thoughts one has on a tractor or combine. "Who was it that named red: RED?" I had to admit that was a major piece of philosophical work that should have reams of paper devoted to it. And a doctorate awarded to the writer of so named paper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Gun & Firearm Discussions
Page 2 of 2