peeky and po
-> Photography / TrailCameras

#1: peeky and po Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:29 am
    ----
met these two characters a year ago...spent over a week getting to know them and feel really privalidged to have done so.
90% sure these are the same two hinds who both had fawns as they are within 200yards of where they were same time last year.

#2: Re: peeky and po Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:33 am
    ----
once again my resizing skills arent up to task....SWMBO will have a tootoo tomorrow and see if she can suss it out for me....took four photos from door of our accommodations. rather chuffed to have two of them come out.just use control - to get it all in screen untill she fixs it for me LOL.

#3: Re: peeky and po Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:29 pm
    ----
That there venison look delicious Very Happy

#4: Re: peeky and po Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:19 pm
    ----
Elvis wrote:
once again my resizing skills arent up to task....SWMBO will have a tootoo tomorrow and see if she can suss it out for me....took four photos from door of our accommodations. rather chuffed to have two of them come out.just use control - to get it all in screen untill she fixs it for me LOL.

Fixed mate

#5: Re: peeky and po Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:31 pm
    ----
great picture, Elvis. Thanks for sharing.

#6: Re: peeky and po Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:25 am
    ----
Vince wrote:
Elvis wrote:

Fixed mate

Vince, what have you done??? Elvis's picture showed some deer that were big enough to invite all nuts for diner and now it's barely enough to feed his own family...

#7: Re: peeky and po Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:39 am
    ----
another...I have managed to resize it now

#8: Re: peeky and po Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:41 am
    ----
Im still debating the age of this lass.....if she 3-4 years old its same hinds as last year...if they only year old they will be the fawns from last year....Im inclinded to think its the same hinds and last years younguns are off elsewhere.

#9: Re: peeky and po Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:06 pm
    ----
Aloysius wrote:
Vince wrote:
Elvis wrote:

Fixed mate

Vince, what have you done??? Elvis's picture showed some deer that were big enough to invite all nuts for diner and now it's barely enough to feed his own family...

Haha Haha Haha Haha

#10: Re: peeky and po Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:55 pm
    ----
from this past 3 days....

#11: Re: peeky and po Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:37 pm
    ----
That buck looks like he has a big solid body mate, but if he’s the only buck in the area, it would be a shame to not let him spread his genes.

The hind has been breeding from the look of the fawn with her, so the buck is breeding ok.

#12: Re: peeky and po Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:41 pm
    ----
there are heaps of potential sires... pretty sure that is either same hind in above photos or one of her daughters.
they are safe from me as on the safe side of a boundary fence.
I am just stoked to be able to see them

-> Photography / TrailCameras