Locked forums
-> General

#1: Locked forums Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:21 am
    ----
I just noticed we have no locked forums as far back as I searched(not that far). That means one of two things.
1: we are a real good bunch of guys posting. Angel Like most of us.
2: the moderators are very forgiving, especially to Bushy and 10ring. Evil Devil

Fencing ROFL Hiding

#2: Re: Locked forums Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:11 am
    ----
Off Topic

#3: Re: Locked forums Author: coyotehunter_1Location: Tennessee (USA) PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:17 pm
    ----
Laughing @10 ring

I feel we are lucky to have a "fairly" good bunch of folks here at Hunting Nut. Laughing

It's always better to Party than Fencing

Popcorn

#4: Re: Locked forums Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:36 pm
    ----
I couldn't have said it better myself Very Happy We just need a topic specific to our goofing off.................psssst DallanC.....ya get the hint Hiding Party

#5: Re: Locked forums Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:32 pm
    ----
Speak for yourselves...I think you all need to be put away in a UNpadded cell...A special string for 10ring and I? Boring!!!

What do you mean 1895ss...I'm that bad that I need forgiving??? What do you know. Ya young whippersnaper.... Point

And besides...I like Fencing

#6: Re: Locked forums Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:35 pm
    ----
I just thought I would give you two a little rough time. I mean all us Angel know you deserve it.............. Very Happy Very Happy Hiding

#7: Re: Locked forums Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:42 pm
    ----
coyotehunter_1 wrote:
I feel we are lucky to have a "fairly" good bunch of folks here at Hunting Nut. Laughing Popcorn

You would not speak about us in the same sentence as Angel though eh.......!! ROFL

#8: Re: Locked forums Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:46 pm
    ----
Who disarmed 10ring (515034s)??? Some one pull his plug??? GOOD!!!

#9: Re: Locked forums Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:00 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhh ........ you're just sore cause he's not here to help you out........! Very Happy Hiding Very Happy

#10: Re: Locked forums Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:08 pm
    ----
He-double toothpicks...I don't need his help...He's more of a hinderence then anything...

#11: Re: Locked forums Author: popgunLocation: Mitchell, GA, U.S.A. (2007 pop. 191) PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:57 pm
    ----
We do have a great group of guys here Very Happy

We don't lock a threads to single someone out or to hurt feelings. To explain locked threads, we could do that when:

1. The topic gets hijacked and goes off topic.

2. The topic gets spammed.

3. An old post, not timely info or question asked by original poster.

4. It just gets out of hand, forum guidlines are not respected, and the moderator's or Administrator steps in.

I guess you guys have been in forums where locking a thread is diciplinary. Here we would do it to maintain the friendly atmosphere and keep things moving.

My 2 cents, I don't think we need another forum for griping, joking, etc. etc. You can do that with private messages. I'm sure Dallen wants to keep the tone of the forum upbeat and friendly. I think what you are asking for would give the wrong impression to visitors (prospective members). Think back to what attracted you to HuntingNut Forums. It wasn't the poking at each other, it was the sharing of information, and being outwardly friendly to each other.

#12: Re: Locked forums Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:20 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:

BWAAAAAAAHAAHAAHAA Laughing The only way is to take it from my cold dead hands....I'll NEVER disarmed Cheers .

Wait a minute, where's my bullets Shocked

-> General