The great migration
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:
-> Waterfowl Hunting

#16: Re: The great migration Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:33 pm
    ----
This is great, Evis!!! But how long do we have to wait for the pics?!?!

#17: Re: The great migration Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:56 pm
    ----
I will try, this snail speed dialup is very frustrating Mad Mad

#18: Re: The great migration Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:23 pm
    ----
when we eventually get a fine day AND Im home I will get a shot of the mountains. the hares play in the paddock over the dogs head.and the creek is over the wheel barrow and about 40 yrds past the fence.

#19: Re: The great migration Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:08 am
    ----
Looks very nice Elvis.

#20: Re: The great migration Author: inthedarkLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:06 am
    ----
Elvis, pretty area. How far are you from the mountains? Are they in a direction that modifys your weather patterns?

#21: Re: The great migration Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:17 am
    ----
14kms from peel forest/mt peel and that sits beside the rangitata gorge which runs back to the main devide. the nor west wind comes from thataways and is quite strong, a fern wind I believe it is called. only 50kmsish from mt somers and about 75 from mt hut. the treadlycycle is getting a good work out I got home in 35minutes tonight so Im eating my tea before going off to bed its 00:15 here at present so I guess its my breakfast!!!

#22: Re: The great migration Author: MacDLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:21 am
    ----
Ah the fun of moving. My last was 6 years ago and I still am trying to find some things. Nice views Elvis.

#23: Re: The great migration Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:26 am
    ----
finally got a picture of the hills, that my Bro in laws wagon that we sleep in while away hunting.

#24: Re: The great migration Author: inthedarkLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:11 am
    ----
Beautiful area you live in Elvis!

#25: Re: The great migration Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:32 am
    ----
Oustanding spot El, I mean wow!

Good on ya mate.

#26: Re: The great migration Author: inthedarkLocation: Ontario PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:51 am
    ----
I never get tired of looking at pictures of prairies or of mountains. I've always felt most at home in both places probably because I can see for a distance. Funny that people not from the prairies always say that there isn't anything there. They just don't look. lol

#27: Re: The great migration Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:59 am
    ----
well guys my Big Brother has headed home this morning after a great week hunting with us. the section has enough firewood stacked around it to last the winter, the freezer is looking alot healthier as he brought us down a chilly bin of venison( cause his little bro is such a crap shot!!)
we ticked all the boxes off his to do list for the trip.
cut some wood
shot some ducks including 2 from the section!!!
also we ticked another species off the list for his BLR .308 with a Tahr/Thar.
had a crack at a good red stag( unfortunately the aformentioned crap shooting means its still running around)
and most infortantly we had a really good catch up, my wife and kids got to see thier uncle/ bro in law.
Im a little sad to see him head home but know we will get together again and it maybe less than the usual 2 years even.

#28: Re: The great migration Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:25 pm
    ----
Glad to hear you had a good time with your brother Elvis, it's always sad to see kin leaving but than again here's to your brother returning sooner than 2 years.

#29: Re: The great migration Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:37 pm
    ----
As OV1 said Elvis...always sad to see family heading home again, but the main thing is, while he was visiting, you guys had a great time together...especially the hunting. You gotta get out to the range and punch some paper mate...get your eye back in so you can get that red stag.

Best thing about NZ mate is no matter where you are, you aren't an awful long way from each other. Your brother can visit again, or you can visit him fairly easily.

Cheers, Vince

#30: Re: The great migration Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:20 am
    ----
fair enough Vince, the .270 is due for a make over. Im thinking of docking an inch off the buttstock as shes awful long and Im not as young and strapping as I once was and docking another inch or maybe two off the barrel to make it handier in the bush. some careful reloads and some trigger time will sort the problem.

-> Waterfowl Hunting