Dark side of the Rainbow
-> Spam-O-Rama

#1: Dark side of the Rainbow Author: Daveyboy PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:51 am
    ----
Anybody got a copy of this?

D

#2: Re: Dark side of the Rainbow Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:11 am
    ----
Daveyboy wrote:
Anybody got a copy of this?

D

I take it you are talking about the reference to Pink Floyds Dark Side of the Moon and The Wizard of Oz?

Unfortunatley I don't have anything on it, but it sounds very very interesting.

Maybe Dimitri has something, or at least seen it.

Cheers, Vince

#3: Re: Dark side of the Rainbow Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:42 am
    ----
Dark side of the Rainbow Confused

This one interested me so I had to look it up Smile

Quote::
The Dark Side of the Rainbow is a perceived effect created by playing the 1973 Pink Floyd concept album Dark Side of the Moon simultaneously with the classic 1939 film The Wizard of Oz. Depending on the version of the film used (since different formats run at different speeds), parts of the film and the album appear to correspond with each other. The title of the music video-like experience comes from a combination of "Dark Side of the Moon" and the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" featured in the film. It is also sometimes referred to as "The Dark Side of Oz."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...he_Rainbow

Sounds interesting. Too bad I wasnt alive for both Very Happy

Dimitri

#4: Re: Dark side of the Rainbow Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:43 am
    ----
Oh and here is a link to many of the moments of sync in the 2:

members.cox.net/stegok.../dsotr.htm

Enjoy Smile

Dimitri

#5: Re: Dark side of the Rainbow Author: Daveyboy PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:17 am
    ----
Dimitri

You'll have to put the link in properly, that one doesn't work.

D

#6: Re: Dark side of the Rainbow Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:33 am
    ----
DaveyBoy,

Right click on it and click "New Window" or "New Tab" depending on what Browser you use it will work Smile

Atleast they work for me Confused

Dimitri

#7: Re: Dark side of the Rainbow Author: Daveyboy PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:31 am
    ----
Hi Dimitri

For some unknown reason, I can't get through to buy it. Click on the link that says "I want one" and see what happens.

Bah!

D

#8: Re: Dark side of the Rainbow Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:55 pm
    ----
Daveyboy

A low resoultion version is here: (Its the songs played onto of the movie)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=71aJlRZARjQ

And the "Definitive list":

members.cox.net/stegok...e_list.htm

Dimitri

-> Spam-O-Rama