Help
-> Gun & Firearm Discussions

#1: Help Author: bubbahunts06 PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:47 am
    ----
My dad gave me a 22 made by the American mining co, a beautiful rifle he has had it for years but we cannot find a clip for it. He lost it on a hunting trip years ago. My ? is does anyone out there have one of these rifles with a extra clip they could part with? or know where I could find one? The company went out of business. Crying or Very sad and the gun is worth almost $500. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. And I will pay top dollar or a finders fee . thanks in advance BUBBA

#2: Re: Help Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:12 am
    ----
Is there a model number & serial on the rifle?

-DallanC

#3: Re: Help Author: ripper007Location: Colorado PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:15 am
    ----
I did not find anything on American mining co.

may need some more info about the gun ?

you can try takeing a look at this site. it has alot of origional parts for guns.

www.e-gunparts.com/

www.e-gunparts.com/dept.asp#TheAs

#4: Re: Help Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:30 pm
    ----
Chances are that it was made by someone like Marlin,Winchester, Browning, Henry, Cooey or some other company for Amercan Mining Co. and if you were to go to a gun shop and try different clips you may find the one that's right for your gun. Just like C.I.L. had many different models of rifles and shotguns out there that were made by Savage and a host of other manufacturers and I don't think they made any themselves. That's just a thought.

#5: Re: Help Author: bubbahunts06 PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:14 am
    ----
Thanks guys, All I know is that the gun is 22lr by the American Mining Co,and they are out of Austria. I tried to get ahold of the old boy tonight to get some more info on it but they went out of town till the weekend. There is a gun show here in town on the 31st, so maybe Ill find one there. But in the meantime Ill try to get more info from my dad. Thanks again for the help! BUBBA

#6: Re: Help Author: Al_Sohlstrom PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:07 pm
    ----
Hi

PICTURES! PICTURES!!

-> Gun & Firearm Discussions