NZ OK?
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> General

#16: Re: NZ OK? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:24 pm
    ----
Thanks for checking in, radar. Good the misses and the Department would let you go. Keep us posted.

#17: Re: NZ OK? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:09 pm
    ----
if you come down that far.......let me know and somehow will swing it to get up and chew the fat....

#18: Re: NZ OK? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:43 pm
    ----
Elvis...I tried to find a phone number for you mate, but I don't know where you are living these days.

Most important thing is that your family, Toadlet and you are all OK mate.

#19: Re: NZ OK? Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:36 pm
    ----
I'm expecting the Cascadia fault to slip before long. That will be the worst disaster in the history of the USA. They expect a 9+ quake followed 15 minutes after by a 100 foot tsunami. The quake and waves, 800 miles long, from N. California to the middle of Vancouver Island will devastate all the infrastructure of the area west of the Cascade mountains.
With no fuel, water or food for the three years it will take to begin reconstruction. The only services will be by helicopter.
That was one of the big reasons I left the coastal area.

#20: Re: NZ OK? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:01 am
    ----
And if Yellowstone goes up? What then Paul?

#21: Re: NZ OK? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:06 am
    ----
Then everyone world wide will be effected and the USA will cease to exist as a functioning country.
And that is the best case scenario.
The good news? Global warming will be eliminated.

#22: Re: NZ OK? Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:54 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
Then everyone world wide will be effected and the USA will cease to exist as a functioning country.
And that is the best case scenario.
The good news? Global warming will be eliminated.

Looking at the various models for the eruption of the Yellowstone caldera, the Super Volcano...it looks nasty, extremely nasty, and as you say Pete...it will be catastrophic for the majority of the USA and will affect most of the world in one way or another. One consolation for those living within a few hundred miles of it though...it will be quick, they most likely won't even have time to stick their head between their legs and kiss their butt goodbye.

Global warming...ppphhhtttt. Yellowstone will release more gasses in the first millisecond than mankind has released since creation.

Last edited by Vince on Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

#23: Re: NZ OK? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:36 pm
    ----
Missed the point...It does not matter where you live or move to if you live long enough you will get hit with a catastrophe. It's like moving somewhere els to ovoid crime. You can't.

#24: Re: NZ OK? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:04 pm
    ----
any one care to guess what lake Lake Taupo was created by???? thats the big water body in middle of north island.

#25: Re: NZ OK? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:43 pm
    ----
Big boom probably not that long ago, geologically speaking.

#26: Re: NZ OK? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:11 am
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
Missed the point...It does not matter where you live or move to if you live long enough you will get hit with a catastrophe. It's like moving somewhere els to ovoid crime. You can't.

Nope didn't miss it.
However an extinction event is fairly unavoidable, you can't hide.
With any luck it won't pop for at least another 20,000 years hopefully longer.
Why 20,000? Well humans will either have the ability to leave earth by then or we would have already topped ourselves.

40 days to Xmas.

He he

#27: Re: NZ OK? Author: PaulSLocation: South-Eastern Washington - the State PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:26 am
    ----
If Yellowstone goes Off I might have time to get to the southern hemisphere. The ash from that volcano would not get me directly but after about a year the sun would stop shining for about five years. The southern hemisphere would have sunlight for longer but even it would experience a year or two without sun eventually. Some plants and animals will likely survive but not humans. It will take too long for the ice to melt.

#28: Re: NZ OK? Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:25 pm
    ----
"What's with all the negative waves?" A quote from my favorite movie.

#29: Re: NZ OK? Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:12 pm
    ----
A tanker, quoting a tanker.
Outstanding.
Bloody good movie and cast, they don't make them like that anymore.

#30: Re: NZ OK? Author: stovepipeLocation: Pine, Az. PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:57 am
    ----
Glad you all are OK!

Don't that crap from Commifornia at all!

-> General