Had knee surgery today
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Had knee surgery today Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:00 pm
    ----
I went into the VA today for knee surgery. I have had a lot of trouble with my knees in the past so taday I had another surgery on my right knee. All went well I have been told. In recovery I felt great, I was able walk a bit before we left. I am amazed at the amount of mobility I have on the day of surgery. But as the evening goes on the pain is setting in. It is very hard find a comfortable position. The dogs are all sympathetic to me and have not gotten in my way at all. The next few days are going to be tough to sit still and try to not do anything. After Tuesday I should be able to to at least get down in the reloading room and putts around. I saved my self a pile of 5.56 to trim and some shot gun shells to reload. Once I am able to get out of the house and into the fish house I will spend as much time in there as my wife will allow. Fresh crappies are so yummy. It is going to be hard to sit still for me so I will probabaly spend more time around here.

#2: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:00 pm
    ----
Get well soon mate.
Enjoy the reloading time.

#3: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:40 am
    ----
you look after yourself and give things time to heal you hear???? behave or we will have to sick the stout switcher onto you..then you wont be able to sit either!!!!!

#4: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:47 am
    ----
He might bugger his knee further trying to run away.

#5: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:44 am
    ----
Can't bugger it up any worse. Dr is just trying to get me into my 50's before he replaces the knee. I told him what my lifestyle consists of and told him to consider repairs according to that. I will not quit hunting anything to preserve my knees. I have lots of ducks, deer and coyotes to kill yet.

#6: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:40 am
    ----
Hot damn!! Love your spirit. Go Wiersy, go!!

#7: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:23 pm
    ----
Glad the surgery went well! Your spirit reminds me of an older friend on mine. He was in his late 60s, divorced, retired and loved to reload, shoot and hunt. He had some heart problems, but decided to sell off his house, buy a motor home and travel the country hunting whatever he wanted, wherever he wanted to, when it was in season. He even had his reloading bench in his motor home. I asked him why he didn't worry about his heart while out hunting alone and he said that he couldn't think of a better way to die than for it to happen while he was doing what he loved most in life.

#8: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:12 pm
    ----
Thanks guys this ol' horse aint ready to be put down yet. I am amazed at how good I feel today. I push a walker around the house infront of me just in case but don't need it. I was headed out to the end of the driveway to get the mail when my wife scolded me and made me get back in the house.

The dogs all understand that there is something wrong and leave me alone. It the reloading room was on the main floor I would already in there but the flight of stairs have me concerned yet. The mail man brought me new lights for my portable fish house so I will putz with that to help keep me occupied.

I am having a hard time sitting around with it elevated, watching TV. There is a lot of really stupid crap on TV.

Can't keep me down very long. There is way to much I want to do!!!. I can't waste my time or work watching Opra.

#9: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:30 pm
    ----
Get better man.

For TV, check out Longmire.

-DallanC

#10: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:50 pm
    ----
Here is to getting better.

#11: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:46 pm
    ----
Thanks Dallan,

Omni I would love to drink a toast to getting better but with the drugs I'm on I would probabally sut here and drool on myself.

A whiskey coke sure does sound pretty good.

#12: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:53 pm
    ----
those decoys need a repaint????....... you can do that job sitting down

#13: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:06 pm
    ----
Good idea Elvis I do have a dozen goose dekes that need painting and flocking. I'm going to see if I can get the stuff delivered monday. Thanks Buddy!

#14: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:16 pm
    ----
Keep your knee straight and have the handrail in a death grip and you should be able to do stairs albeit very slowly, use a stick in the other hand if you need to.
Promise we wont tell the wife.....

#15: Re: Had knee surgery today Author: wiersy111Location: Central Minnesota PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:36 pm
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
Keep your knee straight and have the handrail in a death grip and you should be able to do stairs albeit very slowly, use a stick in the other hand if you need to.
Promise we wont tell the wife.....

Already thinking of that stuff, my wife decided to take time off work to take care of me.

Right now I fall asleep every time I sit still so gpt a few cat naps under my belt. Damn drugs.

-> General