Flintlock versus percussion
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Primitive Weapons Hunting

#16: Re: Flintlock versus percussion Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:05 pm
    ----
In 1734 Germany had an inline flintlock ... Evil Devil

-DallanC

#17: Re: Flintlock versus percussion Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:58 pm
    ----
Aah...Delboy...Just what are you tryin' ta say here??? Do you want to explain yourself with a little more detail sos I can reBUTTle???

#18: Re: Flintlock versus percussion Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:11 pm
    ----
Just how did you ... brown ... your barrel Bushy. Come on and tell us your secret. ROFL

#19: Re: Flintlock versus percussion Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:55 pm
    ----
Ask 10ring he's the one with the overly large..............

I can't remember the manufacturer of the stuff...Birchwo....beachwo....What the he++. It's sold in gun stroes right next to the gun blue. You have to finish the barrel to a fine finish then heat it in the oven until it reaches 400 degrees F. Then you remove it from wife's oven being careful not to get any finger prints or other oils on it and apply with a clean rag. Smells just like burning Purex or bleech...

#20: Re: Flintlock versus percussion Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:06 pm
    ----
Ahhhhhh where you thinking of colon......?

Does it look like gun blue when you get this brown stuff on the barrel and how does it stand up?

#21: Re: Flintlock versus percussion Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:21 pm
    ----
This thread is beginning to turn into spam...

-DallanC

#22: Re: Flintlock versus percussion Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:49 pm
    ----
1895ss I just e-mailed you photos of the Brown....

#23: Re: Flintlock versus percussion Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:53 pm
    ----
Bushmaster wrote:
1895ss I just e-mailed you photos of the Brown....

I'll bet it looks good in real life. Pictures don't do it justice I'm sure cause in a picture it looks almost rusty doesn't it.

#24: Re: Flintlock versus percussion Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:07 pm
    ----
That's what it is...Deliberate "rust". Then steel wooled with a very fine steel wool to a luster...And as smooth as a babies butt...I couldn't prep a background as I just took those JUST for you...

#25: Re: Flintlock versus percussion Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:10 pm
    ----
Thanks, like I said, I bet it looks great in real.

#26: Re: Flintlock versus percussion Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:27 pm
    ----
No pictures on the last one Bushy. I think your suspicions are correct..........!

#27: Re: Flintlock versus percussion Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:29 pm
    ----
Didn't send any...Corrected my lousy spellin'...Mom is probably turnin' over in her grave if she saw that spellin' massacree...

#28: Re: Flintlock versus percussion Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:37 pm
    ----
Great looking gun.......! I wish I had one like that and I've been tempted a few times.

-> Primitive Weapons Hunting