Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimitri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

I've never taken any drugs (other then Ethanol and Caffeine)

www.youtube.com/user/b...ture=watch

Morgan Freeman is narrating it.

Interesting film.

Dimitri

gelandangan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

Hum, with Diabetes, Hypertension and other complications in my body, I took drugs daily..

I also took recreational drugs such as caffeine, C12H22O11 or the related chemical group, NaCl, Ethanol and a few more..
Some are more addictive than other..

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
PaulS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

Caffeine, sugar, salt and alcohol and a few more, not too bad Gelandangan.
In the last eight years I have gone from Hydrocodone to Methadone (which I took myself off of) to tylenol 4 and then tylenol 3. For the last month I have taken a total of 5 tylenol 3 tablets and I have been working all along to get rid of the reason for the drugs. I have been more successful than not. I don't use cafeine and I have never been much of a drinker - maybe eight ounces a year - Sugar and salt are in everything but I rarely use packaged foods and make what I eat from fresh foods. I use more aspirin than anything so I guess I am still using drugs but then there will come a day when I don't.
I enjoy living life to its fullest and you can't do that when you let drugs interfere with your ability to feel. That is the reason I took myself off Methadone - which is supposedly one of the most addictive drugs in the world. What I have done since then is control my pain without the drugs and when I had to I used the drugs to keep the pain from keeping me from living life. I used enough to take the edge off of the pain - never to get rid of it - so I could still experience life. Now I have to get my strength back so I can get back to where I was before the accident. It is a work in progress.

I can't take all the credit because those who share my life have helped in ways they will never understand - some of you here have helped too. My entire family - those i share blood with and those I share life with are the reason I have been successful.
Thank you all.

I don't think that drugs should be legalized but maybe, under the right conditions, decriminalized so people can get the help they want and we can take the profit out of the drug trade.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

I am a bit hard-nosed about drug control...what I consider to be the only real way of controlling drug use is to remove the one common denominator needed for drug use to flourish...remove the end user.

No softly softly approach...you get caught with or using drugs...your life is forfeit. Make it pleasant for the addict though, if only for a few seconds...a BIG hit of the purest product available. Remember...no-one forced a drug addict to put drugs into his or her body; it was a conscious decision made by them at one time.

As for drug dealers...you get caught carrying drugs...you are a dealer, and the penalty for dealing is death by the insertion of all of the product you are carrying into your body when caught. If they don't have enough on them...supplement it with sufficient to do the job. No arguments, no slimy lawyers with p1ss-ant excuses...you're caught with it, you pay the price on the spot.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

yip Vman that sure would sort em out.
like most young fellas a funny smoke or three went my way but no way in hell would I touch anything else or be around anyone who did.

Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

Vince,

Just like all the regulations with cigarettes, you can never discourage people to never start smoking.

The more something is restricted, the more teenagers feel a need to try it. Even countries that already carry the death penalty (or physical punishments such as lashing) for drug possession and use, still have problems with drugs and arrest people all the time for it.

Yes some of the drugs out there can really screw with a person, but so can many things in life. It, just like with tobacco and alcohol, shouldn't be up to the government to decide what path someone should take. Let the junkies have their legal cheaper fix in a hospital or clinic instead of on the street. (There is actually one such site next to Sydney in King's Cross).

Health care costs will go down, so will the spread of diseases (as shown in many countries with open drug clinics) due to contaminated needle sharing etc, and worst comes to worse, at least we'd get it out of the streets and allies and into places that can be watched and controlled.

Dimitri

tikkat3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

The worst social drug is alcohol.
It is the most destructive and widespread
Lets start with banning that
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

tikkat3 wrote:
The worst social drug is alcohol.
It is the most destructive and widespread
Lets start with banning that

Both Canada and the US tried that, didn't work out too well, same as this war on drugs. Laughing

Dimitri

tikkat3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

Thats the point I was trying to make
Banning or making something illegal creates a market
Legalise or regulate all drugs [not just current 'legal' types]
Take the money out of the black market [let them sell something else]
Try something different, because prohibition doesn't work
tikkat3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

Kings Cross has a legalised injecting room
Not a 'legal cheaper fix'
Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

I do love the suggstion to have compulery drug testing to recieve a benifit. that would make having a habit very unattractive. any govt job should be the same subcontraters included.

Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

tikkat3 wrote:

I know, but it is a good first step.

Drugs between the War on Drugs and the problems it causes to our health system due to dirty needles, over doses etc needs to end.

I believe there are better things to spend our tax dollars on.

Dimitri

tikkat3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

My last job was zero tolerance to all substances and random checks
I have no problem with others having to undergo testing
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

I still maintain that if you act on the lowest common denominator...the end user...the rate of drug use will drop dramatically if they know that getting caught with the garbage will bring about their demise.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
gelandangan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Breaking the Taboo - The War on Drugs Reply with quote

Dimitri wrote:
tikkat3 wrote:

I know, but it is a good first step.

and you'll see druggies fencing stolen stuff just outside the door.
Granted the idea is ok, give addict safe place to shoot, but they still got to get the drug

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 1 of 2