· Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Latest American Rifleman
Discussions related to Guns and Firearms
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimjim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

OV1, I think stovey can handle it.

stovey - a man who is not afraid to start new trends.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.77 KB
 Viewed:  5743 Time(s)

stovey - a man who is not afraid to start new trends.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

I'd love to try the Rhino and compare the felt recoil with a conventional .357 of the same weight.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
gelandangan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

I reckon the recoil would be sharper due to the fact that the gun will not roll in the hand like a conventional revolvers.

Definitely complicated action inside (and I looove complicated stuff) Razz
Interesting piece of an over engineered tool of sport, pity its butt ugley!!

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
stovepipe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

slimjim wrote:
OV1, I think stovey can handle it.

Laughing Tactical-Utilikilt! I like it! Very Happy

Dont let Bushy see it- he hates my legs. Shocked

I bet the 4-5" Rhino shoots awesome. Felt recoil has to be down due to the lower axis. This kills roll/snap, directing energy directly rearward to larger bones and muscles. Think more shove less snap. Not like the Bisley that kills roll on a high-centered roller- ya want roll on small grips, more slip = less snap to your hand. I much prefer plow's to Bisley, they re-cock easier too.

Plus it has a rail for night time bunny-bustin! I love the look of the longer 4-5" version. Nomral DA revolvers are pretty complex too, but, I'd like to let the design be proven out for a while. I rarely like being one of the first one's ta jump on a wagon that has reinvented wheels.
fnuser

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

Sorry this may be a little late but I do have the Burris scout and I really like it with the low power and extended eye relief, if you leave both eyes open during target aquisition it is really fast. especially in the thick stuff 'round here. also the glass quality seems very bright for a low powered scope.

fnuser

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

I am also a fan of bolt carbines.

inthedark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

The gun and the shorts are fugly!
stovepipe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

fnuser wrote:
I am also a fan of bolt carbines.

Great minds think alike. Very Happy

BTW- I seem to recall yer a cyclist, yes? Just finished off building a new cyclo-cross bike. Doc says I'm good to go soon for pedaling in the flats. Cant wait, I'll shoot ya a pic if ya like. Came out great.
stovepipe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

inthedark wrote:
The gun and the shorts are fugly!

And both have tactical applications... Razz
fnuser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

That's Awesome stovepipe, my everyday bike is a cyclocross w\ a rack and rear fender, kinda toury. I am riding a 60 miler tomarrow called the Jasper Disaster. I added a brooks b-17 about a month ago and love it. I contemplated a roadbike when I started but the roads and stuff around here are better suited to a more robust design. However I am putting together a road bike now, kinda like rifle building; right now I am in the parts accumulation stage. My favorite carbines of all-time are the cute little Mannlicher Schoenauer fullstocks I have a couple of their carbines and a halfstock rifle. However the Remington 7's have a similiar feel as do the fullstock rugers. The Winchester 70 featherweights feel alot like a European sporter to me, but the original M.S.'s are in a class all their own. The rotary magazine and trapdoor buttplates along with a magazine unloader contraption that dumps all the shells in your hand at the push of a button are just some of the little doo-da's that multiply their coolness beyond the cosmetic perfection.

fnuser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

That Burris is on a .35 whelen I built for pig hunting around here on a Portugese Verguerio? SP? It works real goo-ood.

fnuser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

To avoid cluttering up this thread I'll start one in the "General" for our Bicycles.

English Mike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

Back to the Ruger: Wink

I have one issue with the design & that is the magazine - WHY did they make it single stack?
A 10 round double stack would be much better in the handling department & reduce the chance of it catching on snags, plus it would let the shooter get really low down if needed.
It's as long as a FAL magazine & I know what a pain THAT can be when engaging targets downhill.
PaulS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

I think Ruger likes the thin grips and the double stack would widen it.
All their revolvers have slender grips too.
I won't pretend to like auto loaders - I hate chasing brass! As a reloader it aggrivates me no end to hunt the brass I have fired so that I can reload it.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
slimjim

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Latest American Rifleman Reply with quote

PaulS wrote:
I won't pretend to like auto loaders - I hate chasing brass! As a reloader it aggrivates me no end to hunt the brass I have fired so that I can reload it.

I've worked up two solutions to relieve my frustration in this matter. I modified my gas block to turn off the gas so that I operate the AR as a straight-pull bolt action. When I run it semi-auto, I use a grass catcher (no I didn't mis-type brass) from my old lawn mower held up by plastic pipe to "snag" the brass as it comes flying out.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Gun & Firearm Discussions
Page 2 of 3