No staff members are online!

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread.
Discussions related to Guns and Firearms
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stovepipe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Reply with quote

slimjim wrote:
One of these days I'll get me a 1911

wait- you aint gotta 1911???? THE handgun of handguns???

ill let ya rip through a box or two one of these times/visits. youll be hooked. cocked and locked, condition one, so much fun...something neat about a SA self-loader. Razz

eh- dont feel too bad, i still aint got a glock. i really want a 21. and maybe an 18- yeh, fat chance there Laughing
slimjim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Reply with quote

Glock 18 was an amazing shoot. A Glock rep had a demo unit at an USAF base firing session. Even with just a 9mm, its hard to hold down. Technique was point at groin, pull trigger, release trigger when pointed between the eyes. you got off 3 or 4 shots in a split second.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Elvis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Reply with quote

pictures of the beast

porting.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.78 KB
 Viewed:  8425 Time(s)

porting.jpg

notched back sight_001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.77 KB
 Viewed:  8426 Time(s)

notched back sight_001.jpg

baikals.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.96 KB
 Viewed:  8427 Time(s)

baikals.jpg

Elvis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Reply with quote

the notch in the ramp works like a rear sight which helps no end as most baikals shoot WAY high. the miss matched stocks are because I cut my old stock down for the lad and put the new one on the old beast.
the porting is on both sides of barrel at about 10 n 2 oclock and helps to keep recoil/muzzle flip to a minimum. and yea the paint job is crappy but "shes a work horse not a plurry show pony"

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Reply with quote

OK...see what you mean by being a workhorse mate. But then again...if it does the job, and is safe, thats all that matters mate.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Reply with quote

Mate they dont come much safer than the ol baikals the barrels are meaty as I forgot to explain the tape on my boys gun.If you check out the loooong reach on the standard stock you will see its far to long for a wee hand I built it up with a piece of "jandle" no less and taped it in place. It works fine as it is and can be taken off when hes bigger.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Reply with quote

Fair enough mate.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
stovepipe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Reply with quote

classic baikal tanks. my 20 and 12 ga trappers are the "fancy" Laughing sc4 models. stone reliable and dirt cheap. got some sneers at first but when it showed up every weekend and ran for 5 rounds ata time things lightened up. then they got the knickname "the russian" and it was a lot of fun w/ lots of laughs. when i'd arrive in the morning everyone started humming the russian anthem....it was a hoot. i love baikals. man are they great.

the russian crushin it:

picture 059.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  155.26 KB
 Viewed:  8385 Time(s)

picture 059.jpg

stovepipe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' threa Reply with quote

my 12ga, took a few birds with this one:

picture008-1-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.7 KB
 Viewed:  8381 Time(s)

picture008-1-1.jpg

stovepipe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' threa Reply with quote

and my 20ga i added a few bolt on's, this ones real fancy, almost 300$ total tied up into thid one.... :lol:. i love my baikals. esp the cert's that come in the boxes from russia w/ build info etc...love the ejector/lifter selector on the bottm of the reciever so you can save your hulls. baikals rule elivs!

picture_024-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  85.1 KB
 Viewed:  8381 Time(s)

picture_024-1.jpg

stovepipe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Reply with quote

slimjim wrote:
Glock 18 was an amazing shoot. . Even with just a 9mm, its hard to hold down. Technique was point at groin, pull trigger, release trigger when pointed between the eyes. you got off 3 or 4 shots in a split second.

you aint kidding. i was really suprised when training with the mp5 the first time. i was like whoa! release when ya hit the head. cant imagine what itd be like with a pistol. yikes! my instructor could hold a pattern the size of a grapefruit with a full mag burst @ 20y, wow!
slimjim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Reply with quote

stovepipe wrote:
when i'd arrive in the morning everyone started humming the russian anthem

Great picture, stovey!! Great form! Good looking shorts! The black glove is a nice touch. Looks to me like your the next "Transporter"!

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Reply with quote

Laughing ....buy me a new beemer and ill drive ya anywhere ya like. glove was mostly for the extended choke as it was sharp, sliced my hand once giving it between shot twists. summer trappin' gets HOT too..no beavertail on the Russians, just a thick splinter.

yer not the first one that noticed the glove. Laughing before i got it and sliced my hand on the notches on that choke, after every round there were band-aids on my shootin bag from my range pals.... Very Happy pretty fun group for trap shooters, thats for sure. good guys w/ a sense of humor. Cool i was the butt of a lot of good natured ribbing, as ya might imagine. Very Happy

elvis: i use cork gasket material glued onto the foreend piece to stop the slop. i glue it on in small slivers. or if its really a floppy fit ill glue on a patch then sand same to fit. works a treat!
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Reply with quote

Is this the place Stovie? If not...Too bad!!

Wife's new carry weapon. For those (like Stovie) that don't recognize it. It's Bersa Thunder .380. For comparison is a Colt 1911 .45 ACP (and NO YOU CAN"T HAVE IT Stovie).

ByTheWay Stovie...I'd cover them legs if I were you.

bersa thunder .380 002 (medium).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.96 KB
 Viewed:  8279 Time(s)

bersa thunder .380 002 (medium).jpg

bersa thunder .380 and colt .45 acp 002 (medium).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.46 KB
 Viewed:  8282 Time(s)

bersa thunder .380 and colt .45 acp 002 (medium).jpg

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The official never ending 'what's my next new gun' thread. Reply with quote

aack! eek! ook! neat colt. loose the mag release extention. that's an accident waitn ta happen, "ooops i dropped my mag and i cant pick it up". not often ya see a govt model with the orrig style grip safety and hammer. nice colt, but mines better Very Happy . whos mag well? looks good w/o being gawdy.

wise choice in yer old age that bersa is a winner. hands down. i wish all guns had the same cost/quality factor. unreal how well they shoot. try a quick powder like 700x on yer lil blowback fer clean runnin. congrats to the wife....

kindly leave my legs outta this, im an athlete. i dont weigh a ton so i dont need huge gettaway sticks. ever seen a fat racehorse?

the 70'S called, they want their stereo back....hah!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Gun & Firearm Discussions
Page 21 of 44