Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Entrapment?????
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
515034s10ring

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

Al_Sohlstrom wrote:

(Note the similarities!)

Sure do............and GEEZE....Would ya put a shirt on already??? And don't use that pointy stick looking thing on me either. ROFL

But on a serious note. After anterior lumbar surgery and the result of having my spine fractured from the proceedure, i'm quite lucky to do what little i can now. I know where you come from my friend, and never once do i even take for granted my ability...Because the inevitable is right around the corner for me and even my Dr. can't believe i'm still going without a chair.

Take care!
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

Al...You need to go to a stable and find out. We have riders that are as heavy as you or heavier. If you can climb up they have a horse for you. One of my charges that I take care of is a 17 hands Missouri Red mule. A gentle giant...

I will still stand by what I said. I thank several of you for understanding where I'm coming from though. I was involved in a search and rescue for an invalid that was found three days later, but still alive, 50 yards from a main road. he couldn't cover that distance. It took three days because we had no idea that he only made it that far off the road. There are plenty of nature trails that are paved that do not intrude into the wild.

Well...I don't feel bad at all by raising the hackles and encouraging some thought here. Please think about what you might be placing a person into if you take them out there or they go on their own. Survival of the fittest still prevails out there. Keep them in camp...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
LittleMagnum

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

Time to sadldle up a draft horse !
515034s10ring

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

Bushmaster:

Considering where you live, i would say it is a challenge for even the fittest of hunters, but in Michigan, the closest 'somewhat' mountain is a few hundred miles away, nothing however like what you hunt. It is pretty thick and dense cover where i hunt though, and easily accessable by horse and ATV, but only soo far.
I now walk to my areas (for the time being), but if you want to talk about "Survival of the fittest" i'll tell ya how i got there before....Kind of a long story..........
I was in a wheelchair, and pissed off at everything at the time because i let my anger get the best of me. Then i got an idea Idea and made a sling for my legs to stay up, and that day i went hunting. So i got on the ATV drove for a while, hopped off put my pack on and my revolver across my chest, then my gloves on and sling for my legs, walked on my hands for a good half hour, maybe fourtyfive minutes then i realized i forgot the ammo....Just kidding ROFL (i make light of it because well....it is funny)! Anywho, i just started enjoying myself, cracked open some coffee and a decent doe came by, one shot and it was over.
I pack everything up and figured, AWWWHELL, how in the Ignore am i getting this back? I was a bunch of other guys (and i said i'd be fine...and that i won't be going far Twisted Evil ) but i did forget the radio and they weren't comming (or checking on me) for a number of hours, surely i didn't want to wait because i was VERY excited, so i gut her and got the rope out. But fate would have it that i somehow had forgot to take a snatch block and two shakles out of my pack and put it in the ATV so i used that to drag her back. Sometime later (seemed shorter than the 'walk' there) and with the winch on the ATV, i got her up on the back rack, drove to camp (with still nobody there), threw the rope over the pole tied it mid-way on the ATV (so that the remaining would drop down when i tied it to the post and still not touch the ground) and a hanging she was.
In utter shock, everybody thought i called someone or sold my sole to the devil Laughing because yeah it was hard as hell, but rewarding, (and i'd NEVER trade the experience)!

Take care!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
I will still stand by what I said. I thank several of you for understanding where I'm coming from though.

I hear you Bushy, and I have to agree with your sentiments. Please count me amongst those that understand. I too have been involved in SAR in the past and it is pretty depressing, hoping you will find a person rather than a body. However, mates will always look after one another, and if a mate of mine wants to go hunting, and it is within our capability, I will take him, keeping within those capabilities, even if it means only sniping a rabbit warren, which is a damn lot of fun anyway.

Anyway, it appears we are getting off subject.....bloody poachers, may their ****s fester and never bust ..... they should be shot with a ball of their own s*** at high velocity !!!
It is ***holes like these that cause property owners to deny access to legitimate honest hunters. Too many idiots bust a cap on anything that moves...too bad if is the property owners prize breeding bull !!

Hey, I like that idea of a draught horse. A friend of my daughter had a Clydesdale/Quarter horse cross, a beautiful horse that was as strong as they come. Damned if I know how they come to breed though.

Cheers, Vince
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

515034s10ring. I said cripples or invalids....You don't sound like you fit. I have a friend that lost his right arm in Viet Nam. His favorite handgun is a .44 magnum SA Ruger. Can anyone tell me how many hands it takes to clear the empties from a cylinder when they were hot loads??? I don't consider him an invalid either. By the way...It takes one hand, a brass rod about 6" long and a softhead hammer...Not to mention a few choice words...
I guess we highjacked this string long enough... Very Happy

grimel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
I HATE road hunters......!!!!!! .

This isn't about road hunters, it's about poachers. Road hunters are another topic.

Lindy Cooper Wisdom

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

There's a difference???

robfromaz1977

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

Yeah Bushmaster there is a slight difference. A roadhunter probly has a licence to hunt where a poacher does not. The roadhunter is hunting during a legal time to hunt where a poacher is probly hunting out of season and at night. Dont get me wrong I dont like the roadhunters any more than you. It also seems that you feel like the mountains belong to just the physicaly fit crowd and anyone that has a disability doesn't belong. Some people want to enjoy the outdoors even if they are impaired. JMO.
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

I still stand by what I said. It's not my fault and I will not feel guilty for their plight. I did not cripple them. Price you pay...You mean you go into the mountains when you are out of shape? Sorry (no I'm not), but I am not "politically correct" and will never be...

Hunting from a road or with in 50 feet of said road is poaching even if you have a license...

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

Its obvious we've moved onto a subject that people feel quite passionate about.

I dont have a problem if someone is an avid and passionate Ford fan, but I just want people to be aware of others feelings, situations and whatnot, that may differ from your own opinions. I'd hate for anyone to visit this website and feel offended due to posts here.

Now back to the subject I am all for legal ATV use. Take'em into a wilderness area and they should be confiscated. Take'em off road in a Nat Forest and they should have to pay a massive fine. Use them however you want on private property as long as you arent breaking any laws.

I would think the "hayburner" crowd would like more road hunters than less... it makes for less people in the backcountry LOL

-DallanC
grimel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

Okay, so, you think it's okay to take a horse up into the mountains, but, it isn't okay for a cripple to use an ATV. That makes a lot of sense.

Lindy Cooper Wisdom

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

I bow to you Mr. Dallan...And step back slowly...

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

grimel wrote:
Okay, so, you think it's okay to take a horse up into the mountains, but, it isn't okay for a cripple to use an ATV. That makes a lot of sense.

We all need to take a deep breath and go back to hating PETA methinks.

Cheers

-DallanC
nedrob
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Entrapment????? Reply with quote

Although I agree with Dallan, people may misinterpert Bushmaster's real concern for people's safety. I believe that every person has a right to persue their passion but, if they put other lives at risk by their arrogance or poor planning, it can get more than irritating for those who are sworn to assist them. I work with disabled people everyday. Most of ones I work with are suffering from chronic pain. The most difficult problem we have to battle after the pain is depression. This is a problem on many levels, decision making, self image and all the rest. The depression is set up by chemical imbalances. Most of the poor decisions are brought about by trying to find a quick way to feel "normal". I'm sure whether you agree with Bushmaster or not he's a guy you could count on in a tight spot. That's always been good enough for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 3 of 4