Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824187
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

reloading data spread sheet
Discussion regarding the reloading of ammunition and tuning of loads for accuracy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Reloading Ammunition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripper007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: reloading data spread sheet Reply with quote

I made a spread sheet to tell me how much a pound of powder , with a box of primers and bullets will make.
and added some cells to calculate the cost.

I add casings to the chart, November 26, 2006

the cells in yellow you can change. inputing the amount of cost for each item that you buy them for.

I made the spread sheet in Excel , and in open office.org format.
open office.org is a free program , that I use to replace Microsoft office.

here is the link to the file.

OpenOffice.org file relaoding_data_charts.ods

Microsoft office Xcel file relaoding_data_charts.xls

oh, the other page in the same file. I made for showing how much ammo you can buy or use it to evaluate the cost of how much buying ammo is compared to reloading.

I tested downloading the files and had no problems. but some times the server is not working.
if you have any problems downloading the files , let me know.

Last edited by ripper007 on Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
ripper007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: reloading data spread sheet Reply with quote

I know not every one can afford or has Microsoft Office.

open office.org program will open microsoft office files so they can be read and edited.

it is also free.

www.openoffice.org/

Quote::
Product Description

OpenOffice.org the product is a multi-platform office productivity suite. It includes the key desktop applications, such as a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation manager, and drawing program, with a user interface and feature set similar to other office suites. Sophisticated and flexible, OpenOffice.org also works transparently with a variety of file formats, including those of Microsoft Office, and the vendor-neutral OpenDocument standard from OASIS.

Available in over 65 supported languages with more being constantly added by the community, OpenOffice.org runs stably and natively on Solaris, Linux (including PPC Linux), Windows, Mac OS X (X11), and numerous other platforms. Our porting page lists the platforms (ports) that OpenOffice.org can run on.

Written in C++ and with documented APIs licensed under the LGPL open-source license, OpenOffice.org allows any knowledgeable developer to benefit from the source. And, because the native file format for OpenOffice.org is the vendor-independent OpenDocument open standard, interoperability is easy, making future development and adoption more certain.

Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: reloading data spread sheet Reply with quote

Ripper,
Nice spread sheet, good job. One ? though, when reloading for my 300 win, I am using 72 grains of rl22. one pound of pwder is not enough to reload 100 rounds. Is there any way to adjust the quantity of powder to 2 or 10 pounds so you could see the costs for larger calibers as you have done for yours? Thank you again,
BWS
ripper007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: reloading data spread sheet Reply with quote

I had thought about this exact thing.

it will take a bit. but I know I can configure something.
I can either add a drop down menue for how many pounds of powder you want to start with. I think doing it this way, it will take like 2 pounds and times that buy how many grains are in a pund.

if I can do this I can have it fixed quickly.

the first yellow cell above the number of bullets , I made so you can manualy put in a number of bullets you want to make. and it will show you the quanity of cost for that number.
you can put a 1 in it and it will show you the cost of only 1 bullet.

I know doing that is not very practical if your trying to figure out how many bulets you can make with 2 or 3 pounds of powder.,
I will work on this tonight , if not sooner and update the links with a new revisions.

Thanks for you comments. and I hope this spead sheet can come in handy for reloading.

ripper007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: reloading data spread sheet Reply with quote

ok, the links above are updated .

I added a cell at top of spread sheet, with a drop down window to add 1,2,3, or up to 20 pounds of powder.
or you should be able to manualy add how many pounds of powder you want to use.

if you have any problems let me know.

or you can fix or change the spead sheet to fit your needs.
the spread sheet is locked, but the protection is not passworded. so you can unprotect the spread sheets. and change formulas or rearange it.
I am not very good at making spread sheets. I just tought my self how to do a few things. maybe some day, I can take a class or training to learn it better.

skb2706

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: reloading data spread sheet Reply with quote

ripper007 wrote:
I made a spread sheet to tell me how much a pound of powder , with a box of primers and bullets will make.
and added some cells to calculate the cost.

I did not add casings, because I thought, thats the one thing that we reuse and probably do not need to buy every time we reload.

the cells in yellow you can change. inputing the amount of cost for each item that you buy them for.

I made the spread sheet in Excel , and in open office.org format.
open office.org is a free program , that I use to replace Microsoft office.

here is the link to the file.

OpenOffice.org file

Microsoft office Xcel file

oh, the other page in the same file. I made for showing how much ammo you can buy or use it to evaluate the cost of how much buying ammo is compared to reloading.

I tested downloading the files and had no problems. but some times the server is not working.
if you have any problems downloading the files , let me know.

Nice.......you could add in the cost of brass ....based on number of times used amortized against the initial cost.
ripper007

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: reloading data spread sheet Reply with quote

Ok, I added another collum for shell casings. you can inter how much a box of 100 casings are. if your using your old casings for relaoding, type in 0 for the amount.

hope this helps.
if you want anything else added or changed, let me know. I will try to do what I can.

here are the links for the files. they have the same name. so just replace these files with the first ones you downloaded.

OpenOffice.org file relaoding_data_charts.ods

Microsoft office Xcel file relaoding_data_charts.xls

Gil Martin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reloading data spread sheet Reply with quote

Good job! I have been playing around with the spreadsheet. Many thanks. All the best...
Gil

WishStar99
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: reloading data spread sheet Reply with quote

Hmmm so ... sorry again ... newbie on the run ... Smile

Well, I am new. I have been shooting clays a lot and have been spending money to buy the ammo boxes at Walmart.

Now I am wondering if Reloading will save you much or not? I did downloaded the chart, but wooohoo, don't understand a thing.

I have a shotgun 12 GA Remington Express. One box of ammo at Walmart is $3.47. I usually buy 8 boxes at a time. 2 3/4" 8 Pellets.

Question is, how much will I save if I do the reloading? If it saves me a lot, I will learn how to reloading, but if it doesn't. I'll stick with the $3.47 per box.

Thanks all ...

WS
ripper007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: reloading data spread sheet Reply with quote

WishStar99 wrote:

Well, I am new. I have been shooting clays a lot and have been spending money to buy the ammo boxes at Walmart.

Now I am wondering if Reloading will save you much or not? I did downloaded the chart, but wooohoo, don't understand a thing.

I have a shotgun 12 GA Remington Express. One box of ammo at Walmart is $3.47. I usually buy 8 boxes at a time. 2 3/4" 8 Pellets.

Question is, how much will I save if I do the reloading? If it saves me a lot, I will learn how to reloading, but if it doesn't. I'll stick with the $3.47 per box.

Thanks all ...

WS

I am working on a shot gun spread sheet for reloading.
the spread sheet I made is for center fire reloading.
I can make a new spread sheet for the shot gun reloading. or I can add it to the center fire reloading.

I have been trying to add some more features to the spread sheet I already made. but it was making my head hurt.
I gave up on it for now. with out going threw some elaborate formulas and making allot of changes.
So, I think I am going to keep it like it is. some what simple.
if you you buy a box of bullets that come in 50 pack instead of 100. just double the cost of the box of bullets.
maybe I can figure some thing out that will be a easy fix.

I was going to make a shot gun reloading spread sheet anyway. will start on it some time soon.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: reloading data spread sheet Reply with quote

WishStar99 wrote:

Thanks all ...

WS

Gidday WishStar, how are you mate.

Don't know about the prices in the US, but here in Australia the only reason you would bother to reload 12g is to tailor your rounds to what you want. The cost between buying or reloading shotgun, well the 12g, is pretty much about the same.

Should you elect to go the reloading route, there are a number of things you need to research and learn about before approaching reloading for your shotgun. You need to be totally aware of the type of cases you intend to reload (there are two different types of cases for the 12g) and you need to understand the type of wad to use with each type of case. You should also use the correct wad for the weight of shot you intend using. I'm not even going to mention types of shot, ie steel, lead etc.....it hurts my head even thinking about it. Confused

I reload for 12g, but only because I was in the right place at the right time and got about 5000 primers as well as about 50lbs of shot of varying sizes and about 500 loaded rounds, as well as a heap of other bits and pieces, all for nothing. Come to think of it.....I haven't bought a primer for about 3 or 4 years, Large Rifle, Small Rifle or Shotgun. Couldn't pass that up. Very Happy

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Reloading Ammunition
Page 1 of 1