I cannot, and will not, lay to this recipe...I got it from a mates BeerMasons Newsletter:
Have a look at the website, but basically it is a group that subscribes to the wonderful flavours of beer from all over the world. Unfortunately it appears to be only in Australia...so far.
SERVES EIGHT TO TEN (but six glutons!)
Beeramisu is just like Tiramisu but we think it is far superior for obvious reasons. You can either make one large bowl or individual servings depending on the occasion. We like to assemble this in a glass bowl or cups so you can see all the unctuous layers.
• 6 eggs, separated
• 1/4 cup castor sugar
• 500g (1.1lb) mascarpone (get the best you can afford, it makes a difference)
• 1 cup Stout preferably coffee or chocolate stout
• 1/2 cup brewed coffee
• 24 sponge fingers or alternatively Italian style Amaretti biscuits
• Dutch cocoa, for dusting
1. Beat the eggs yolks with the castor sugar until they are pale and thick. Then mix in the mascarpone cheese.
2. Beat the eggs whites until soft peaks form then carefully fold into the mascarpone mix.
3. Mix the coffee and beer together and dunk the bisuits, one at a time into the liquid.
NOTE: If using softer biscuits make it a quick dunk as you don’t want the biscuits to go soggy.
4. Layer the biscuits in the dish followed by a thick layer of mascarpone, continue layering up the dish until you have used all the ingredients.
5. Sieve the cocoa over the top and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving.