Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Problematic Deer
Big Game Hunting topics that dont fit other categories
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

Some time back Gettysburg National Battlefield was overrun by deer so the park said they'd bring in sharpshooters to thin the herd. The "animal rights" people went nuts so the park didn't do it. I'm told that sometime later the park came back without telling anyone and used the sharpshooters successfully.

I see deer almost nightly on the way to work, usually in someone's front yard. I only have one question... Where do they hide during deer season?!?!?

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

I may have mis-spoken, the city planned to spend $300,000.00 to eliminate 600 deer. That equals $500 each. This is from the first article I found, dated 2005. I'm sure the costs to the city have increased since then...

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

Still Joe thats some good money to go hunting deer!

Dimitri

1895ss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

Hunters would have paid $18,000.00 ($30.00 per tag x 600) to hunt them. That's a difference of $318,000.00. What a waste of tax payers dollars.

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

1895ss wrote:
Hunters would have paid $18,000.00 ($30.00 per tag x 600) to hunt them. That's a difference of $318,000.00. What a waste of tax payers dollars.

I must admit its odd but just to be able to say "I went hunting in the middle of the city in someones back yard" I'd pay 150$ for the tag easily! Shocked

Then again I couldn't see myself paying that much for the tag more then once.

But come to think of it then again may be a good tourist destination for hunters who want to "try something different". Cool

Dimitri

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

Check this one out:

www.all-creatures.org/...070804.htm

This is the worst example of twisting "facts" to suit the author's needs I've ever seen....

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

That website is so wrong atleast when compared to Ontario that its not funny!

Dimitri

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

And I found a new one:

www.sharkonline.org/?P=0000000097

A quote from the site:

"It's a terrible example we're setting for future generations," she said. "We're the problem. There's too many of us. We have to set an example for our children."

Lady,

Please jump in front of the next school bus that transports your mini-fth's to school. That will reduce the number of "US" that you refer to by "you" multiplied by any future FTH's you may spawn. I'll consider that a fair trade.

Thank You.

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

Dimitri wrote:
1895ss wrote:

I must admit its odd but just to be able to say "I went hunting in the middle of the city in someones back yard" I'd pay 150$ for the tag easily! Shocked

Then again I couldn't see myself paying that much for the tag more then once.

But come to think of it then again may be a good tourist destination for hunters who want to "try something different". Cool

Dimitri

D,

Please remember that while this is NOT downtown Cleveland, but a suburb, I doubt that "Solon, Ohio" will show up on the hot list of hunts this fall....

Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

Yah I figured it wasn't down town Cleveland. Smile

Wouldn't know where to get a good camo suit for the down town. Laughing

Dimitri

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

Big D...Paint yourself brick red and gray. Throw garbage and paper all over yourself before the paint dries. Then hide in an alley. City camo... ROFL

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

Bushy,

No thanks! Laughing

Dimitri

OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

Heck I'd eliminate those deer for a mere $200,000. That would save the tax payers a bundle. And, I'd trap and relocate a large quantity of those "animal rights" people, pro gratis.

I know a few smaller high-fence hunting operations that would pay good money for those (animal-rights people). $0.50 each, no bag limit.

Cary

diesel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Problematic Deer Reply with quote

sure wish they could be traped by the hundreds and shipped here to Pa. our deer herd really seams to be shrinking. have'nt seen a deer in the woods in season in the last 2 years. 20 years ago, herds of 20 and 30 could be seen in season almost daily.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting
Page 2 of 2